2024 Alpinestars S-M5 Sail Helmet
ALPINESTARS SUPERTECH M5 HELMET
The SM5 helmet has been designed to provide MX riders with a helmet that is safe and purposefully designed to deliver optimal protection and comfort. The lightweight SM5 helmet features a thermo-injected shell incorporating a special polymer blend enhanced by varying degrees of thickness that is engineered to deliver the optimal combination of impact protection and light weight, while the five density EPS liner ensures the correct density in the correct area for enhanced impact absorption.
- An engineered raised area with padding effectively reduces the forces transmitted to the collarbone and a patented visor release system that ensures the visor is released with the correct pre-determined amount of force, irrespective of the angle of impact.
- Revised the medium, large, XL, and 2XL lower shell volume to be around 3% wider to make the helmet easier to put on and take off, where the increase in helmet volume has also improved the impact management performance which is now 44% lower than the regular-speed threshold.
- For the new ECE 22.06 standard, the SM5 achieves a 44% better regular-speed impact rating compared to the current 33% figure, as well as a 32% better low-speed, and 31% better high-speed linear impact score than the prevailing standard.
- Multiple density inner liner to ensure the correct density in the correct area for enhanced impact absorption.
- Redesigned chin bar’s new profile, where the base area has been specifically sculpted to give a relief section, raised to clear the collarbone, with a new softer EPS liner which extends beyond the helmet shell itself, and is covered by a more flexible rubber compound providing a reduced chance of any sort of collarbone injury.
- Maximized ventilation and high levels of heat transfer exchange thanks to multi-air inlets and exhaust ports.
- The ECE version of the SM5 helmet weighs 1,350 grams for a size medium, and 1420 grams for the ECE DOT version with shield.
- The visor has been designed to direct air into the ports for enhanced airflow.
- The SM5 is available in 2 versions ECE R 22.06 and ECE R 22.06/DOT.